When Hiring a Surveyor Sydney, all too often people make their decisions based on only one factor, price; which often leads to dissatisfaction with their choice and sometimes a less than quality survey, too.
- If you hire a Surveyor Sydney to survey your land that isn’t qualified to legally survey in the state that you live, youre throwing away your money and that person is breaking the law. Land surveyors are no different than any other human being and they can make mistakes in their professional capacities.
- Does this person or firm have Workers Compensation Insurance?Each state is different, and not all states may require this: but who is responsible if the person you hire, or their employees, get hurt or injured while surveying on your land? If this type of insurance is required in your state make sure that the surveyor or firm you hire to survey your land has this insurance and is in compliance with your state law.
- Does this person have experience in performing the services you require?
Generally there arent licensed specialties within the land surveying profession, but make sure if you hire a professional land surveyor to do, say, a boundary survey, theyre experienced in boundary surveying. Therefore, if you need a professional land surveyor Sydney for a boundary dispute, and the person youre thinking of hiring mainly deals with construction layout, hire another professional experienced with boundary surveying.
- Only hire an experience professional land surveyor to survey your land.
- Does this person pursue continuing education?
Professionals keep abreast of technological and professional advancements. The professional land surveyor you hire to survey your land should be well informed and value continuing education.
- Does this person have a professional demeanor?
Do they have a professional appearance and do they treat you professionally.If they dont act professional they probably wont be professional in surveying your land.
- We’re now able to use a wide range of technologies like Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Computer Aided Drafting (CAD), Robotic Survey Systems, and Laser Scanning, to name a few, that provide greater precision, accuracy, and efficiencies. You may not know some of these tools or what they’re called, so ask if they use AutoCAD Civil 3D, Robotic Total Stations and Survey Grade GPS, for example.
- Ask for a written contract and when you need to pay.
A professional land surveyor should be more than willing to provide a written contract spelling out their services and what you will be charged.Its common for a professional land surveyor to receive half of the total fee with the return of the signed written contract and to bill the remainder when the work is completed.If you and your professional land surveyor Sydney are clear about the scope of work, fees and when payment is expected, everyone will be on the same page.
- Whats being set at your property corners?
The reason you hire a professional land surveyor to survey your land is to determine the extents, or outline, of the property.Suitable permanent markers include Plastic Stakes, Iron Rods, Iron Pipes, Rebar, Railroad Spikes, Magnetic Nails and other nails in paved areas, Drilled Holes in boulders or stone walls, Concrete and Granite Bounds.
- Will they walk the property with you?
In the course of conducting a survey your professional land surveyor will set many independent survey control markers and will find many existing monuments; not all of these may be at your property corners.So, make sure that the professional land surveyor is willing to walk your property with you to identify the actual monuments and markers that mark your property corners.
Your land is too valuable not to hire the best professional land surveyor, and have the best relationship with this professional, right from the start.